What should be done upon death?
IF DEATH OCCURS AT HOME OR DUE TO AN ACCIDENT, YOU MUST CONTACT THE FUNERAL HOME AND FOLLOW THEIR EXPLICIT DIRECTIONS.
- Contact the funeral Home and inform them of your desire to have them handle the body. Follow the instructions given by the funeral home.
- Go to the Head Nurse's office in the hospital and give them the name of the funeral home whom you authorized to handle the body.
- The hospital will release the body to the funeral home after the death certificate is signed.
- Contact Dar-Us-Salaam at 301-982-9848 to get help in washing and wrapping the body and make arrangements with the funeral home.
- Contact the organization from which you have purchased the burial site and request the authorization on interment to be faxed to the funeral home. Dar-us-Salaam currently doesn't own any sites. Please contact MD masjids to purchase sites at nearby cemetery.
- Contact the cemetery and inform them regarding burial site.
- The funeral home will transport the body from the hospital to the facilities, provide the accommodations for preparation of the body, and transport the body to the mosque/cemetery. In Washington, DC, an additional $100 is charged to transport the body to the mosque.